DeutschEspañolFrançaisItalianoNederlandsPortuguêsΕλληνικάРусскийالعربية中文(简体)中文(繁體)日本語한국어
 
Donate Bitcoins
Google
 
www smithii.com
 

Internet Explorer erroneously changes the file extension based on mime-type.

For http://psp.connect.com, we found that Internet Explorer (both 6 and 7) was changing the name of files the user selected for downloading, based on the mime-type. For example, the file MAQ11905.MP4 was being saved as MAQ11905.mpeg. Unfortunately, the PSP device requires the .MP4 extension.

We didn't want to change the mime type on the server, as it is required by the PSP.

Therefore, we added the following to the .htaccess file on the server:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ".* MSIE .*"
  RewriteRule ^(.*)\.(MP4|THM)$ - [L,T=application/octet-stream]
</IfModule>

Now IE saves the files using the correct name.

DeutschEspañolFrançaisItalianoNederlandsPortuguêsΕλληνικάРусскийالعربية中文(简体)中文(繁體)日本語한국어
 
Donate Bitcoins
Google
 
www smithii.com
 
Special thanks to Riester Rente Online for a generous donation!